|Light Novel||Web Novel|
After the transition, his body is a pure skeleton with no flesh or skin; rather than eyes has red points of light in it's eye sockets and has an obsidian aura normally . As Ainz's face shows no emotion, it is often described as a poker face  Often though, intelligent people tend to mis-attribute the wrong motivations to Momonga's actions due to this poker face, though these errors tend to be to his advantage  
A pragmatic person after the transfer into his undead body, he does not like to mindlessly harm others but will step on others if Nazarick stands to gain something from it  Momonga can be considered a sentimental person when it comes to his friends and those who remind him of them. This varies from how he shows favor on those who resemble them be it the NPCs to even New World denizens that trigger this nostalgia either directly or indirectly  These emotions are not limited to nostalgia or whims however, as Ainz will behave irrationally when his precious friends are concerned, be it from attempting to contact each individual member despite the unlikelihood of succeeding and most not joining him on the last day  to even entertaining the idea Hekkeran was not lying to him. It would not be far to say that other than self preservation of himself and the guild, his main objectives are filtered through the lens of reuniting with his friends.  This hope of his is also linked to a sense of dread of it never bearing fruit.
Ainz's innermost desires though are often smothered by various factors, such as a sense of obligation to the guild (mainly not tarnishing the legacy of the guild and his friendships  ), the NPCs ,and the Sorcerous Kingdom he ends up making. Despite a hierarchical relationship stressing him out , having to pretend to be something he is not to fit the image of what others expect of him  ,and desiring a more cordial relationship with the NPCs ,Ainz puts the interests, opinions, and well-fair of those he cares about or those he has obligations to ahead of his own.
The protagonist of Overlord. Formally known as Satoru Suzuki  on Earth in 2138 . A salary man who lived alone and played YGGDRASIL along with his friends, he was a founding member of Nine's Own Goal, then going on to build up the infamous guild Ainz Ooal Gown.
After becoming the Sorcerer King, he aims to not only conquer the world but create a utopia where all races will serve him and receive prosperity in return 
The Undead King Arc Edit
Momonga, the guildmaster of Ainz Ooal Gown, is conversing together with Herohero during the last moments of YGGDRASIL before shutdown. Herohero bid farewell to Momonga and logs out for the last time as he has already quit the game. Mentally, Momonga is enraged about his friends leaving the game, but cools down after noting that they didn't abandon the guild - it was that they had real life issues to deal with. Still engrossed in the memories of the past, he takes the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown before heading to the throne room.
Once there, Momonga encounters Sebas Tian and Pleiades at the Royal Suite and calls for them to accompany him. At the throne room, he discovers Albedo holding a World Item. While he is initially irritated that her creator Tabula Smaragdina broke the guild rules, he quickly forgives him since Albedo was one of his treasured creations. Momonga looks through her settings and reprograms her to be in love with him. With little time left, he sits on the throne and points at the banners, calling out the names of his guild members while waiting for the server to shut down. Unexpectedly, the server does not shut down and Momonga quickly realizes that something is wrong when the NPCs begin talking. Staying calm, he orders Sebas to survey the surrounding area on the surface and orders Albedo to assemble the Floor Guardians on the 6th Floor. Brooding to himself, he concludes that all of the NPCs have gained sentience and agonizes over Albedo's modified settings.
Later on, Momonga goes to the Amphitheater on the 6th Floor and meets with Aura and Mare. He asks the two that he is testing the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown. After the experiment, he summons the Primal Fire Elemental and asks Aura if she wants to fight it which Aura agrees, dragging Mare along. When they finish the fight, the Floor Guardians start gathering one by one until everyone is fully assembled together and pledge their absolute loyalty to Momonga. Upon confirming their loyalty, Momonga goes back to the Throne.
While so, Demiurge, who spots Momonga trying to leave the area, requests him to allow him to be his escort outside of Nazarick to see the New World. After seeing the new world, he goes to Mare and rewards him the Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown for doing a splendid job. He also gives a ring to Albedo and then teleports back to Nazarick. Momonga using Mirror of Remote Viewing discovers a village being attacked by knights. At first, Ainz doesn't want to get involved in the conflict, but when reminiscing about Touch Me, who had once saved his life, however, he decides to save the village. He then teleports to the outskirt of the village and saves Enri Emmot and Nemu Emmot, who is being chased by the knights.  After saving them, he summons a Death Knight and orders it to kill the knights attacking the village. He saves Carne Village and gathers information about the New World from the village chief. He decides to withdraw but is soon confronted by Gazef Stronoff and his warrior troop's arrival at the village. He introduces himself as Ainz Ooal Gown who save the village from the knights. After he is thanked by Gazef, his subordinate informs him that the village is surrounded by unknown figures.
Hence, Ainz also comes across these unknown figures who have Archangel Flame with them similar that of YGGDRASIL monsters. He realizes that Gazef is their target and he gives him a sculpture for good luck in his battle.  All of a sudden, he magically switches places with Gazef due to that item's power and faces the Sunlight Scripture led by Nigun Grid Luin in his stead. Ainz offers them the chance to surrender to their lives or face death. He uses Negative Burst on the Archangel Flame, then uses Hell Flame on the Principality Observation and finally uses his Black Hole to finish off the Dominion Authority. He easily defeats the Sunlight Scripture and goes back to Carne Village to check Gazef's condition before leaving the village. After returning to Nazarick, he announces to his NPCs that he will no longer go by the name of Momonga, but calling himself Ainz Ooal Gown from now on, ordering them to make his new name an eternal legend to the New World.
The Dark Warrior Arc Edit
Ainz Ooal Gown alongside Narberal Gamma goes undercover as adventurers under the alias of Momon and Nabe. They infiltrate the fortress city of E-Rantel and register as copper class adventurers. Along the way, they caused a commotion at the inn which led Momon to give Brita a potion for compensation. He discusses his plan to Nabe about their objective in this city. He plans on becoming famous adventurers and gathers information about this world. They went to the Adventurer's Guild to search for a job and the group ended up meeting Swords of Darkness, who offer him and Nabe a job. After the discussion, the female receptionist informs Momon that someone else requested him for a specific job. As a result, he meets Nfirea Bareare, who requested Momon to be his escort to Carne Village while gathering herbs along the way. Nevertheless, Momon accepts both of their requests and their journey begins.
As they travel to Carne Village, the party is attacked by a large group of goblins and ogres. A battle plan is formulated quickly, whereas the Swords of Darkness is in-charge of fighting the goblins, Momon and Nabe deal with eliminating the ogres. As the fight proceeds, Momon kills the ogres while Nabe finishes off the rest. The journey proceeds smoothly after the encounter, but things are amiss as Carne Village is more fortified than usual. Sensing that something is wrong, the party advances cautiously but is ambushed by the Goblin Troop. Momon realizes that the goblins are in fact, Enri's summons through the use of the Horn of the Goblin General for the sake of protecting the village.
Later on, Momon's true identity as Ainz Ooal Gown is eventually discovered by Nfirea. This is due to the clues Ainz left behind in E-Rantel, which the Nfirea was able to somehow piece together to help him realize who Ainz really is behind the adventurer persona. Thus, he apologized to Ainz for deceiving him and wanted to thank him for saving Enri and Carne Village. Nfirea also tells Ainz, that the request was just his attempt to learn more about Ainz's rare potion. After convincing Nfirea not to reveal his identity any further, they went to the forest to gather some herbs. Ainz orders Aura to lure out the Wise King of the Forest to him, so he can challenge him in battle. Upon fighting it, however, he was disappointed that the Wise King of the Forest is actually a giant hamster all along and tamed it easily. Momon then showed it to the Swords of Darkness that he has the Wise King of the Forest under his control.
They return back to E-Rantel, where Momon goes to the Adventurer's Guild, so he can register Hamsuke as his mount and pet. Once Momon finishes Hamsuke's registration, he met up with Lizzie Bareare, grandmother of Nfirea, who led them to her workshop. He discovers that the Swords of Darkness are killed and turned into a zombie. As a result, Momon was immediately left with no other choice, but to kill them, and begin investigating what had transpired while he was away. Momon finds out that Nfirea was kidnapped and tells Lizzie to hire him so that he can save Nfirea. They went to the cemetery and breakthrough the mob of undead and confronted the two instigators. He then has a one on one duel with Clementine and won successfully, finishing her off with a bear hug which led to her own death. After resolving the incident, he leaves behind the enemy's corpses to the authorities as proof that they were the instigators. With the mess settled, Momon and Nabe are quickly promoted to Mythril class adventurers.  They returned back to the inn and discuss what to do with Nfirea and Lizzie. Suddenly, Ainz is informed by Albedo that Shalltear Bloodfallen has rebelled.
His character is summarized by the author as a working adult in a power fantasy.  As an undead he lacks desire for food, sex, or sleep, however he still desires wealth and knowledge.  The plot was planned at the time so that the story ends when Ainz returns to using Momonga.  The motif Maruyama intended for was for Overlord to be a well-written power fantasy isekai with a paranoid protagonist that does not know he is the strongest  but slowly solves problems methodically. 
Ainz when he appears to be a sagacious leader or speaks formally are nearly always a product of Momonga's acting . Parts of Satoru Suzuki though have been changed by his body but it mainly pertains to negative emotions  Just as in the Light Novel, Ainz is not remorseful of disadvantaging others like in Volume 6 or Volume 13 after profiting from the suffering of others but he isn't aware he's not a good person . These negative traits mainly manifest when Nazarick is involved yet he can show kindness as well .
Supreme Beings Edit
Touch Me Edit
Touch Me was a former guild member of Ainz Ooal Gown and entrusted Momonga with the guildmaster position after he stepped down. On the beginning of the virtual game, Momonga planned on quitting YGGDRASIL while he was being PKed, but Touch Me saved him. He admires Touch Me greatly, stating that if it wasn’t for him, Momonga would not be here.
Tabula Smaragdina Edit
Tabula Smaragdina was a former guild member of Ainz Ooal Gown. Momonga describes Tabula as a person obsessed with the settings of his NPC creations. Before Nazarick was transported and the NPCs came to life, Momonga modified Tabula's NPC setting for one of his creation, Albedo. Ashamed of what he did, Momonga doesn't know how to face Tabula anymore.
During the creation of the guild, Tabula thought that if someone other than Momonga became the Guildmaster of Ainz Ooal Gown, the guild would surely tear itself apart. Therefore, he wanted to join a different guild with Momonga.
Ulbert Alain Odle Edit
Ulbert was a former guild member of Ainz Ooal Gown. He trusted Momonga with the final decisions without complaint. He even entrusted Momonga with his failed prototype of World Item. He and Momonga were part of the No Cash Item Alliance.
Warrior Takemikazuchi Edit
Warrior Takemikazuhi was a former guild member of Ainz Ooal Gown. He supported Momonga to be the Guildmaster of Ainz Ooal Gown and his plan to clear the Tomb of Nazarick in one go.
Herohero was one of the four guild members of Ainz Ooal Gown who did not quit the game, while he has not logged in during the last two years. He was the last of the three remaining members, who logged in on the last day of the game at Momonga's request. Momonga greatly appreciated the gesture but was miffed that he could not stay until the very last moment. After the transition to the New World, and taking the mantle as Ainz Ooal Gown, he swore to become a good leader that would put the concerns of employees first in Herohero's memory. At first Momonga believed that Herohero was transported into the New World due to him leaving shortly before the shut down of the server which motivated him into spreading the name of Ainz Ooal Gown through the New World.
Momonga considers Peroroncino to be like a younger brother and has a friendly relationship with him. They are on very good terms with each other and he would call Peroroncino just by his nickname. He and Momonga were part of the No Cash Item Alliance. According to him, prior to the formation of their guild, Peroroncino was one of the people in their clan that he was closest to.
Bukubuku Chagama was a former guild member of Ainz Ooal Gown. She saw Momonga as her younger brother’s friend and gave her watch to him as a present.
Yamaiko was a former guild member of Ainz Ooal Gown. Back then in YGGDRASIL, they used to chat about private topics. However, due to the passage of time, Momonga seems to have forgotten a lot about it, which is something he regrets. Every once in a while, when trying to teach the Guardians, Momonga wonders what Yamaiko would do in such a situation, showing he still respects her skills as a teacher.
Momonga was a bit jealous of Yamaiko because she easily obtained the Shooting Star from a gacha machine in her first try while he had to gamble his entire summer bonus away just to obtain this item.
Punitto Moe Edit
Punitto Moe was a former guild member of Ainz Ooal Gown. He thought that if someone other than Momonga became the Guildmaster of Ainz Ooal Gown, the guild would surely tear itself apart. Therefore, he wanted to join a different guild with Momonga. Momonga uses the guide that Punitto Moe wrote the "Anyone Can Easily PK."
Bellriver was a former guild member of Ainz Ooal Gown. He thought that if someone other than Momonga became the Guildmaster of Ainz Ooal Gown, the guild would surely tear itself apart. Therefore, he wanted to join a different guild with Momonga.
Luci★Fer was a former guild member of Ainz Ooal Gown, however, Momonga did not get along with him. Once, the powerful golem that he made suddenly attacked everything around it. He put it off as a bug in the combat AI. Momonga remained skeptical and believed the error had been intentional.
Blue Planet Edit
Blue Planet was a former guild member of Ainz Ooal Gown. Momonga wishes that Blue Planet could see the beautiful night sky of the New World.
Whitebrim was a former guild member of Ainz Ooal Gown. He is a mangaka and the one responsible for the maids' visuals. Momonga felt nostalgic when he remembered him and how he used to say that maid uniforms are justice. Momonga wonders if Whitebrim is making his assistants cry with his excessive attention to detail.
Floor Guardians Edit
Before Nazarick was transported, Ainz changed Albedo's settings so that she would be in love with him. Although he deeply regrets his decision, he entrusts her with Nazarick management while he is away.
Shalltear Bloodfallen Edit
Second, only to Pandora's Actor, Shalltear is the NPC whom Ainz has the most knowledge of. Having been good friends with her creator, he considers her as Peroroncino's precious daughter. He assigned her the task of capturing criminals who have knowledge of magic or martial skill. After the mission went awry and Shalltear was mind-controlled, he decided to take responsibility for his mistakes and kill her by his own hand. After that, while he forgave her, she felt extremely guilty for her actions but eventually recovered during the events in the Dwarf Kingdom when she was made ruler of the subjugated Frost Dragons and regained her self-confidence.
Ainz considers Demiurge to be one of the smartest NPCs in Nazarick. He offers Ainz advice on what to do and takes great initiative to further his plans, like masquerading as Jaldabaoth to raise Momon's fame and suggesting to make Nazarick an independent nation. However, the demon has a tendency to be coy with divulging his plans, believing Ainz is well aware of their full meaning and thus making repeating the information redundant.
Ainz entrusted Cocytus with the task of annihilating the lizardmen which he ended up failing; because of that, he worries that Ainz may leave Nazarick. He suggested sparing the lizardmen and letting them be part of Nazarick instead which Ainz agreed to. Ainz gave Cocytus a second chance to redeem his failure and placed him in charge of the lizardmen as punishment. As a result, Ainz is seeing improvements in Cocytus' leadership skills and critical thinking, such as when Cocytus focused on fighting only the strongest Lizardmen instead of the whole army at once so as to achieve a swift and decisive victory.
Aura Bella Fiora Edit
Aura is very loyal to Ainz and he entrusted her with a task to understand the forest and find any living beings willing to join Nazarick, and set up a warehouse to store resources. She even became Ainz's guide to Tob Forests during one of his adventurer quests. Ainz looks at Aura more like a father protective & concerned for the welfare of their child, even once asking if she was eating properly.
Mare Bello Fiore Edit
Mare is very loyal to Ainz. Unlike his sister, he's afraid to be scolded by Ainz. When Ainz saw Mare doing his job of disguising the Great Tomb of Nazarick perfectly, Ainz was impressed with his work. He is the first NPCs to be given the ring of Ainz Ooal Gown from Ainz. Mare admires Ainz and considers him to be cool.
Victim is considered the ultimate weapon of Nazarick, as he managed to stop an invasion of players from infiltrating beyond the 8th Floor. However, such power was at the cost of Victim's life, a power that Ainz truly feels guilty for burdening on Victim, ever since the NPC's gained self-awareness in the New World. Ainz sincerely regrets a time when he may be forced to sacrifice Victim to protect Nazarick and always apologizes to the angel for the duty he holds.
Area Guardians Edit
Pandora's Actor Edit
Ainz sees Pandora's Actor as the embodiment of his chunibyou-phase, which he considers to be his greatest shame, and gets irritated by his strange antics, despite he looks cool with his appearance. Disregarding his outrageous personality, he is still Ainz's personal creation. Should Ainz give him an absolute order, he will not hesitate to fight to the death even when the opponents are the other supreme beings.
Ainz actually considers Pandora's Actor as a treasure and a final trump card that preserves the identity of Ainz Ooal Gown but considers him to be lame. He's one of the few NPCs who Ainz can speak casually too.
Pandora's Actor being Ainz's personal creation has reluctantly forced the Overlord of Nazarick to accept the eccentric shape-shifter as his son. However, he wishes to keep the personal attention he gives his 'son' a secret so it would not cause friction with the rest of the Guardians. Thus, he is forced to place Pandora's Actor low on his priority list to avoid his favoritism coming to light.
As a servant of Nazarick, Kyouhukou is loyal to Ainz just as the other NPCs, however he hasn't been seen directly meeting Ainz yet. During the search for Hamsuke, one of Kyouhukou's servant roaches guided Hamsuke to meeting Ainz. Thankful at his service, Narberal was ordered to feed the small roach, showing Ainz is comfortable around the insect creature.
Sebas Tian Edit
Sebas Tian is Ainz's butler whose original task was to protect him from danger. Ainz is reminded of Touch Me when he sees Sebas Tian's face since the two have similar appearances. When Sebas asked for some clothes and everyday living goods for Tuare, Ainz offered some clothes of his personal collection. Sebas refused thinking it's too much, so Ainz allowed Sebas to take Tuare on a date to the capital to buy clothes.
Yuri Alpha Edit
Yuri Alpha is Ainz’s maid. She is very loyal to him and as one of the few good denizens of Nazarick, she felt relieved when Ainz said not to kill humans without proper reasons. He ordered her and CZ2128 Delta to assist Pandora’s Actor to move the treasure to the Throne Room.
Lupusregina Beta Edit
Lupusregina Beta is Ainz’s maid. She is the first NPC to truly anger and disappoints Ainz because she misunderstood the importance of her given task. Ainz forgave her, but warned her that she should not expect to get off so lightly should she disappoint him again.
Narberal Gamma Edit
Narberal Gamma is Ainz's maid, the only battle maid of the Pleiades to accompany him to become famous adventurers under the name of Momon and Nabe for gathering information. Ainz treated Narberal as a fellow adventurer partner despite her hatred of humans. He needs to always refrain her from showing open hostility to humans and lectures her to not use -sama with him that would lead to misunderstandings about them while in their disguises. Her constant involvement with Ainz in the human population causes the other Pleiades and Floor Guardians to be jealous of her serving beside Ainz the most.
CZ Delta Edit
CZ2128 Delta is Ainz’s maid. Because she is familiar with all the mechanisms of Nazarick and her artificial status, Ainz brought her with him when he visited the treasury. He ordered her and Yuri to assist Pandora’s Actor to move the treasure to the Throne Room. When Pandora's Actor exaggerated saluted Ainz, CZ2128 Delta let out an "uwah," a sound that deeply hurt Ainz.
Solution Epsilon Edit
Solution Epsilon is Ainz’s maid. He entrusted her and Sebas to collect information in the Kingdom. When Ainz offered her a reward for her efforts she requested a few living humans, particularly pure humans. Ainz granted her request with the exception of the humans being pure.
Entoma Vasilissa Zeta Edit
Entoma Vasilissa Zeta is Ainz’s maid. She requested Ainz directly to give her a chance to fight Evileye again when given the chance as the reward, which he accepted.
Re-Estize Kingdom Edit
Gazef Stronoff Edit
They first met at Carne Village, Ainz introduced himself as the one who saved the village. After Gazef left to face the Sunlight Scripture, Ainz admired his courage and strong will to face his own death. He saved Gazef's life from the Sunlight Scripture and defeated them in his place. Despite being a lowly human, he viewed Gazef as a respectable man.
When he met the Warrior Captain again at the Katze Plains, Ainz unwilling to kill such a magnificent warrior, did his best to convince Gazef to surrender and swear his fealty to him. Even after Gazef refused Ainz's offer and was killed, the Overlord expressed no hatred for Gazef's defiance, stating with remorse that he never hated him. Ainz respected the Warrior-Captain's acceptance of death and cast an anti-revival magic on his corpse to ensure that the great warrior would remain in eternal peace.
Long after the Warrior Captain's death, Ainz still holds him to be the pinnacle of warriors in the New World, setting his personality and strength as a standard.
Lizzie Bareare Edit
When Ainz met Lizzie, she saw the Wise King of the Forest and got curious. She found out that he was the adventurer whom her grandson hired. After her grandson was kidnapped, Ainz suggested that she should hire Ainz and he would bring Nfirea back to safety. After rescuing Nfirea she thanked him and gave him his reward later for saving her grandson.
Nfirea Bareare Edit
Ainz's only interest in Nfirea was for his talent and he considered him to be a dangerous person. After Nfirea found out that Momon was actually Ainz, who saved Enri and Carne Village, the boy thanked him for saving Enri and the village. Nfirea apologized to him for deceiving him and said he wanted to be as strong as Ainz so that he could protect someone important to him which Ainz declined, but will help him instead.
Enri Emmot Edit
Ainz saved Enri and her younger sister from getting killed by the knights. When they first met she was scared of his skeletal appearance and misunderstood his intentions. After understanding that he meant them no harm, she thanked him and even asked for his name.
Nemu Emmot Edit
Nemu sees Ainz as the savior of Carne Village and holds him in high regards for saving her and her older sister's lives. Due to Nemu's heartfelt praise of Ainz and his friends' residence, Ainz even tells Lupusregina to add Nemu on the protection list just like Nfirea, Enri and Lizzie Bareare.
Blue Roses Edit
Lakyus Alvein Dale Aindra Edit
Ainz was interested in Lakyus's revival magic and wished to discuss her on the mechanics.
The first time Ainz met Gagaran was after "Jaldabaoth" killed her.
When Ainz heard that Evileye almost killed Entoma, he was filled with murderous intent. If he hadn't suppressed his killing intent and acted on his anger he would have killed Evileye but didn’t do so because he concluded that killing Evileye would have been counterproductive.
Tia and Tina Edit
Swords of Darkness Edit
Ninya is one of the adventurers who accompanied Ainz in his first mission. Ainz asked her some questions about magic from the New World. When he discovered her battered corpse, Ainz was a bit disturbed by the brutality inflicted. He would later avenge her by slowly crushing her murderer to death in his embrace. He allowed her sister Tuare to stay in Nazarick as a form of repayment to Ninya since her diary allowed him to grasp some information about the New World.
Baharuth Empire Edit
Fluder Paradyne Edit
After seeing Ainz's overwhelmingly superior magic, Fluder swore his allegiance to him. He offered everything he has in exchange to be able to see the abyss of magic. Ainz first order was for him to deliver sacrifices to his dominion. Unfortunately, Ainz is unsure how to educate Fluder on magical matters. So far, he has made the aged sage content by providing him with new magical arcana which to learn and discussing magical phenomena. He finds Fluder's submissiveness similar to the attitude to the Floor Guardians if not more embarrassing and 'his true face' is quite unnerving to the undead. Despite Fluder's declaration of his loyalty, Ainz does not fully trust him, as the wizard casually sold out his country for his desires and thus is wary that he may do the same to him.
Jircniv Rune Farlord El Nix Edit
While Jircniv sees Ainz as an unfathomable monster, Ainz actually admires the human emperor in his leadership skills. Ainz actually took it up to learn from Jircniv, by magically spying on him to understand how to conduct himself as a fellow ruler. Unbeknownst to Ainz, his surveillance has been slowly causing Jircniv's mental decline.
Ainz wishing to promote his country turned to Osk a merchant and promoter for the Imperial Arena. Ainz appears to relate better with Osk as both of them are fellow collectors.
Go Gin Edit
Due to his prior experience with Guu, who had insulted his name, Ainz had assumed Go Gin was an unsophisticated savage. Much to his surprise, the war troll was polite and courteous, making Ainz re-evaluate his opinion on War Trolls. Ainz was impressed with the troll's skills and personality that he wished to recruit him into his kingdom, stating that Go Gin reminds him of Gazef Stronoff, due to his unwavering determination even in the face of death.
Dwarf Kingdom Edit
Gondo Firebeard Edit
Gondo Firebeard is the first dwarf that Ainz met. The dwarf was wary of him, he eventually gained his trust and learned of his dream to restore his people's runecraft art. Ainz sees similar parallels of himself in Gondo, the dwarf wishing to preserve the existence of runecraft, just as he wishes to preserve the Great Tomb of Nazarick and the memory of his comrades. It was due to this that Ainz offered his nation's full support to revitalize the runecraft art to make Gondo's dream a reality. Though despite Ainz's sympathy toward the dwarf he soon found him to be garrulous, at times dominating the entire conversation with his love of runecraft.
Roble Holy Kingdom Edit
Neia Baraja Edit
While she served as his squire during the events in the Holy Kingdom Ainz had secretly believed she disliked him because her constant glare. Ainz had hope to use her to show off the power of the Sorcerer kingdom's "runecraft" weapons but this failed, Ainz has shown he trusts her loyalty and abilities as such became angry when her superior officer used his rank to speak in her place. Ainz was also stunned when she eventually viewed him as an incarnation of justice. While he is still put off by her glare he is happy that Neia and CZ Delta are Friends.
Remedios Custodio Edit
Durning the meetings with Remedios, Ainz was possible unaware of her true motives and pursuits such as having him fight til he was dying and not aid him. But it wasn't until the Paladin faced 3 Demi-human leaders that he became angry at her and her response to him saving her that he calls her in his mind a "Bitch".
Gustav Montagnés Edit
Gustav initially earn a bit of Ainz's anger when he used his authority as Neia's superior officer to not only inform Ainz of what happened during the meeting but did so after the fact Ainz personally told them Neia would be Ainz's eyes and ears. It is believed after this incident the two share a mutual respect as Gustav hasn't repeated his mistake.
Slane Theocracy Edit
Nigun Grid Luin Edit
Ainz Ooal Gown marked him as an enemy the moment he threatens the villagers of Carne Village he claimed. Despite Nigun's and subordinates numerous attempts to injure Ainz found it academically interesting, not seeing them as a threat. When Nigun pulled out his Sealing Crystal only then did Ainz take him seriously, but upon revealing a slightly weak summon. Ainz grew tired of toying with the human supremacist and decided to break him. He had Nigun tortured but sadly wasn't able to gain much from the man as he broke and died too easily.
Crusch Lulu Edit Edit
Ainz made a deal with Crusch Lulu where he would revive Zaryusu in exchange for her keeping a close watch on whether there are lizardmen thinking of rebelling. He warned her that should he hear whispers of a rebellion, her love Zaryusu would pay the price with his life.
Ainz confronted Clementine as Momon. He was angry at her for killing the Sword of Darkness members, saying he was using them to spread his name. During their battle, Ainz learned a lot about martial arts and then killed her in his true form with a bone-crushing hug.
Guu thought that long names were proof of cowardice, so he saw Ainz as a weak being. He was irritated when he discovered that Ainz was the one responsible for building the fort in the forest. When Ainz tried to negotiate with him, he rejected his offer stating that he doesn't want to hear from cowards. He fought against Ainz, but all his attacks were in vain and in the end he was killed. Later Ainz resurrected him as an undead troll.
Upon meeting the Bafolk Lord, Ainz noticed that Buser had a belt made from human babies skulls. Ainz offered Buser a chance to surrendered and invited him to become his follower but was rejected. After he showed the difference in power between them, Buser begged to be spared offering his tribe's full cooperation. However, Ainz had lost interest in him and viewed the Bafolk as worthless. He decided to kill him, as Nigredo and Pestonya would never accept a monster that would kill human infants. In addition, Ainz viewed Buser's use of the babies skulls as a belt to be wasteful.
Ainz uses Nigredo when he needs to use her surveillance abilities on searching for Shalltear. She opposed killing innocent people kidnapped from the Re-Estize Kingdom and tried to free them. She was put in confinement alongside Pestonya because of this act, Ainz decided not to kill the remaining humans because Nigredo and Pestonya risked going against his orders to save them.
Rubedo is the strongest being in Nazarick. Ainz expects that he should give a world item to “Them” in the 8th floor to beat Rubedo if she one day turn against Nazarick. Ainz commented that the experiment to start up Rubedo has been more or less a success and that he didn't plan on moving her for now. When Albedo asked to take Rubedo in her squad, Ainz rejected the thought of doing so but later allowed her to use Rubedo anyways.
Pestonya Shortcake Wanko Edit
Pestonya is the Head Maid of the Homunculus Maids and is loyal to Ainz. She opposed killing innocent people kidnapped from the Re-Estize Kingdom and tried to free them. She was put in confinement alongside Nigredo because of this act, Ainz decided not to kill the remaining humans because Nigredo and Pestonya risked going against his orders to save them.
Homunculus Maids Edit
The Homunculus Maids are the forty-one maids created by Whitebrim, Herohero and Coup de Grâce. They all are loyal to Ainz and some of them even refer to him as the Wise King and other titles. Ainz created a new system where the Homunculus Maids are split into two groups, 30 of them for day shift, 10 of them for the night shift, and the other maids that are left out get to take the day off. Initially, the maids refused the one day break, however, Ainz managed to convince them in the end by promising that if they accept the break, the maids that took the break will get to service him for the whole day. The maids accepted it because they think that they need to fully take a rest so that they can serve Ainz properly the next day.
Tuareninya Veyron Edit
Ainz considers accepting Tuare into Nazarick as a form of repayment to her dead sister Ninya since her diary allowed him to grasp some information about the New World.
Hamsuke was defeated by Momon, Ainz's alter-ego, who was trying to find and defeat a powerful enemy to make his name famous. She is subservient to him, acting as his loyal pet and steed. Despite Ainz's status as an undead giving Hamsuke a momentary scare, she quickly adapts and accepts his appearance. Ainz thinks she is undeserving of the title of Wise King of the Forest and was rather disappointed when he discovered she was just a giant hamster through the New World residents consider her a fearsome beast.
Ryraryus Spenia Ai Indarun Edit
After witnessing Ainz's power and being restrained easily by Aura, Ryrayus pleaded for his life, offering to be his servant. His pleas for mercy were accepted and the Naga was given control over Guu's territory. Ainz is interested in his ability to sense the general emotions of a target, wondering whether this ability is a special talent or the racial trait of the Naga.
Pinison Pol Perlia Edit
Ainz is Pinison's benefactor as he was the one who recruited her to become a subordinate of Nazarick. In truth, Ainz blackmailed her to join under the threat of death from the awakening of Zy'tl Q'ae. She accepted out of survival and placed her services in his hands. She originally thought Ainz to be a fool, but upon seeing him in his true form and the terrifying power he wields, her whole reality was shattered.
Neuronist Painkill Edit
Being Nazarick's Special Intelligence Collector, Neuronist is very helpful to Ainz providing important informations from it victims about the New World. Neuronist believes that Nazarick's denizens have value in existing because Ainz chose to stay, and serving him is the reason for their existence. Just like Shalltear and Albedo, even being androgynous, Neuronist has sexual desires for Ainz, saying that it would gladly offer him it first time. After staring Neuronist body during a visit, Ainz looked away feeling disgusted by it apperance, but Neuronist thinks that he looked embarrassed after looking at it like "a male beast selecting its pray".
Super-Tier Magic Edit
- Creation: It is a super-tier spell that could change the terrain itself. In YGGDRASIL, it was used to guard against the heat of volcanoes or the cold of freezing lands. According to Ainz's experiment, it had an amazingly large area of effect and could cover the entire 8th Floor inside the Great Tomb of Nazarick. 
- Fallen Down: Upon casting the super-tier spell, Ainz calls upon a huge pillar of blue light from the sky that will burn so bright and hot that it will appear like the whole world has turned white. After a few seconds, it will leave behind an area burned to cinder, devoid of life. This spell deals massive damage, especially to an undead-type enemy. 
- Iä Shub-Niggurath: Ainz uses this super-tier spell to summon a black cyclone and kill nearly everything in its field of range. Additionally, the fallen victims caught in the cyclone are also sacrificed in order to summon monsters over level 90 known as "Dark Young." The number of summoned Dark Youngs is proportional to the total number of sacrifices. For Ainz's record, the highest number of Dark Youngs he is able to summon successfully in the New World so far was about five at most.
- Wish Upon A Star: A super-tier spell which consumes the user's experience points to grant a wish or more. Ainz is able to gain access to it by using a special item but said that he has also learned it too. In the New World, when casting the super-tier spell, it felt as though new information is being entered into his mind and that they worked differently from YGGDRASIL. Once Ainz had first learned of Nfirea's talent, he had idly wondered if he could steal it with the super-tier spell and now realized that he could have done so. Although it would still expend experience points, [Wish Upon A Star] was now a type of super-tier spell that could make the impossible possible for everything, but the subject of World Items related.
- Pantheon: Once cast, this super-tier spell allows Ainz to summon forth six level 80, "Cherubims Gate Keeper" with holy-type magic under his full command.
Normal Tier Spells Edit
- Magic Arrow: A spell that allows the user to shoot out an arrow made of mana that will pierce a target. Ainz also used this spell with Triplet Maximize Magic.
- Rabbit Ears: A spell used to enhance the user's hearing sense.
- Shockwave: A spell that when activated, emits an invisible shock wave that can even distort the air and can easily crush a full plate armor, Ainz used this spell with Maximize Magic.
- Fireball: A spell that allows the user to shoots out a big ball of fire that burns its target.
- Fly: A spell that gives the caster the ability to fly. Ainz could used this spell with Silent Magic.
- Dragon Lightning: A spell that shoots out a lightning bolt in the form of a dragon, that then seeks out its target.
- Chain Dragon Lightning: A spell that shoots dragon-shaped lightning towards the target. Let alone its intended target, it can also strike other enemies nearby. It effectively works great against metal armor.
- Focus Magic: A spell that can be used on an ally.
- Greater Teleportation: A spell that allows instantaneous transition without restriction to distance.
- Napalm: A spell that creates a column of flame to appear beside the target, engulfing it in fire.
- Astral Smite: A spell. It is an attack that is effective against Ethereal beings. This also counts against beings, who are temporarily Ethereal.
- Death: A spell that can be used on a single target each time. Ainz can used it with Silent Magic.
- Energy Drain: A spell from his specialty of necromancy. It was a spell that drained the opponent’s levels, granting the user various benefits depending on the amount of levels drained.
- Bless of Titania: A spell that summoned forth a tiny fairy. The fairy queen beside him would take them along the least dangerous path. Ainz can used the spell with Extend Magic.
- Greater Rejection: A spell that cancels the target's attempt to use Greater Summon.
- Grasp Heart: A spell in which the caster grabs and crushes their opponent's heart, causing instant death to them. Even if the target resists, they instead become stupefied or stun as a secondary effect. This is said by Ainz to be his favorite spell.
- Lead of Yatagarasu: A spell that created a three-legged crow. The Yatagarasu guided players along the shortest path to the heart of the dungeon. Ainz can used the spell with Extend Magic.
- Nuclear Blast: When used with Maximize Magic, this 9th tier spell was powerful enough to entirely consume the space between the user and their target in an instant. However, the user will also be caught in range of the spell's attack. The spell does composite damage (half fire, half bludgeoning) and it was one of the weaker 9th tier spells in terms of damage. Nonetheless, it had a very large area of effect to the point that if the surrounding buildings are present, those large objects would have been swept away in the middle of that explosion. In that respect, the spell was superior to almost all others as it can generate all kinds of negative status effects. This includes poisoning, blindness, deafness, and so on. Anything of the Evil Lord's level would be able to resist it with their raw statistics alone. It possessed a very powerful knock-back effect. Ainz stated that he could even cast this spell with Widen Magic to increase the area and range of its effect if need be.
- Perfect Unknowable: A spell used to make the user invisible to the naked eye. It can also erased one's traces and sounds including the pitch of the user's voice from being heard, making the magic caster very difficult to detect if they did not have very high-level thief-type job classes.
- True Death: A spell, which invalidates the effect of lower-tier resurrection magic.
- Vermilion Nova: A spell. It is an attack targeting the opponent with a pillar of flame while dealing fire-based type of damage. Ainz considered it be the highest-level, super-tier magic that is notwithstanding anti-personnel fire-element attack spell. This spell could be used in combination with both Triplet Magic and Maximize Magic together.
- Body of Effulgent Beryl: A spell that reduced the effectiveness of bludgeoning attacks against its subject while it was in effect, and it could completely negate one instance of bludgeoning damage after it was cast.
- Control Amnesia: A spell that grants the user some degree of control over the target's memories. Attempting to master new techniques, Ainz has done several experiments on lab rats like CZ2128 Deltawhile he practised using the spell multiple times. To some degree, if used on a NPC, he is able to manipulate information originated from the NPC's backstory set by their creator.
- Create Fortress: A spell that summons forth a mighty fortress or a 30 meters tall tower out of thin air. In YGGDRASIL, anyone on the same team could open those doors with a touch. All others would have to break them down.
- Meteor Fall: A spell which causes a falling meteor to fall from the sky with shimmering light, which blinds onlookers temporarily. The meteor rips through the air and hit its intended target, then creates a burst of explosion upon contact. As a result, the massive explosion created by the meteor was able to flatten everything it touches and pulverized any surrounding targets.
- Reality Slash: A spell that is top class in damage dealing, but consumes a lot of mana. The spell is considered to be a lesser version of 'World Break'. By using "Triplet Maximize Magic," Ainz creates three attacks that slashed space itself. It is capable of cleaving through the very fabric of space, and a hit from this powerful attack spell could disregard virtually any form of magical defense.
- Time Stop: A spell that stops the enemy for a specific amount of time.
- Ultimate Disturb: A spell that increases an ally's magic resistance rapidly, at the price of wrecking their ability to cast spells.
- Uriel: A spell that deals fire-type damage. It was the kind of spell that could be learned by a magic caster of any type as long as the requirements to learn it were met. However, this spell only did its listed damage when cast by a magic caster with a maxed-out positive karma value. Its damage decreased as one’s karma value decreased. For Ainz with negative karma value, it would do less damage than a first-tier spell.
- Magic Boost
- All Appraisal Magic Item: Beside identifying the target item, this spell would even tell its caster about a magic item’s creator and manufacturer.
- Anti-Life Cocoon
- Anti-Information Magic Wall: It is a type of spell that prevents surveillance by others.
- Black Hole: A spell that cast a void would absorb the enemy inside.
- Bless of Magic Caster
- Charm Person: The spell could caused the charmed target to see the user as their best friend. And as their friend, the user's words had a certain amount of effect on that person. However, since this was only a low-level charm spell, it could not brain-wash the target.
- Complete Invisibility: It was a spell that was far superior to 'Invisibility.' Ainz would be completely invisible to anyone unless they used specialized magic to see him. The highest-ranked undead could even see through this spell's effect.
- Complete Vision: Through Widen Magic, the spell could pierce and see through the fog up to a distance of 200 meters ahead of him.
- Conflict Karma
- Create Greater Item: This spell creates a magically-made set of armors, swords, halberds, and so on for a magic caster like Momonga to be able to equip it freely. However, there were only five spells Ainz could use while wearing the armor created from magic and one of them is 'Perfect Warrior.' In the Web Novel, it is a 7th tier spell.
- Cry of the Banshee: Shout that has an instant death effect, and can also be used with his special skill to widen AOE.
- Cure Poison
- Delay Teleportation: A spell that can briefly hinder teleportation effects that had their destination near the caster, buying them several seconds of time, which the caster would typically use to flee or prepare an attack. In addition, the spell also informed the caster of how many beings would be teleporting into their vicinity. Its effective against Greater Teleportation. Ainz could used this spell with Widen Magic.
- Detect Magic: The spell is used to detect magical traps or magic items that are hidden in the midst of the user's presence.
- Discern Enemy: This spell allows the user to identify the enemy's estimated level.
- Distant Vision: A spell that would display what it saw on a flat, magical screen. The screen could also be expanded or shrunken at will.
- Draconic Power.
- Drifting Master Mine: A mine that, as the name implies, "drifts" and locks on to targets that enter its range.
- Explosive Land Mine: A trap magic that explodes when it is near the enemy. Through Triplet Maximize Magic, it can create three large explosions.
- False Data: Life: Gives the user the ability to fake his/her HP.
- Field of Force
- Floating Eye
- Gate: Summons a portal, allowing travel of a large number of people over great distances. It had no limits on distance and a 0% chance of teleport mishaps. It is considered to be the highest tier of teleportation magic.
- Gravity Maelstrom: A spiraling black ball of gravity. Ainz uses a Maximize Magic type through it.
- Greater Break Item: This spell is seemingly capable of destroying a magical item.
- Greater Full Potential
- Greater Hardening
- Greater Lethal: A divine spell with very powerful healing. It can channel vast quantities of negative energy that can greatly heal Ainz's HP. Unfortunately, this is not Ainz's innate ability, but an effect from a magic item he used. This unknown magic item only allows Ainz to use a single specific spell, requiring him to use an equipment slot and that the spell cannot be enhanced with skills or metamagic. Thus, his usage of the spell is much weaker than someone who could cast the spell off their own list, so it has many drawbacks.
- Greater Luck
- Greater Magic Seal: This spell released three magic circles, each firing 30 shots of white arrows of light, for a combined volley of 90 shots. Ainz could used it with Triplet Maximize Magic.
- Greater Magic Shield
- Greater Magic Vision
- Greater Resistance
- Greater Thunder: When using Triple Maximize Magic with this spell, three enormous thunderbolts are created and fused from multiple strands of lightning that can pierce through their target.
- Heavenly Aura
- Hold of Ribs: A spell that restricts a target's movement with bones and can deeply piece it through their flesh.
- Infinity Wall
- Life Essence: Allows the caster to view the health values of an enemy.
- Magic Caster's Blessing
- Magic Ward: Holy
- Mana Essence: Identifies MP of the target.
- Mantle of Chaos
- Mass Fly: Gives a group of people the ability to fly.
- Mass Hold Species: Constricts a large number of creatures, rendering them unable to move.
- Message: Able to talk to a targeted person through telepathy.
- Negative Burst: Sent out a burst of a negative sphere of energy from around the caster's body.
- Obsidian Sword: Creates a large obsidian sword that will lock on to a target and hone in like a missile. It was incredibly difficult to destroy a sword made of magic with a physical attack. By using "Triple Maximize Magic," Ainz can summon about three swords that gave off a black light while floating in midair.
- Paranormal Intuition
- Penetrate Up
- Perfect Warrior: The spell allows Ainz to convert his magic caster levels into an equivalent number of warrior levels. By using that spell, he could temporarily become a half-baked level 100 warrior. It also carried the benefit of being able to use certain pieces of arms and armor that would normally require specific job classes to access without penalty. This would include freely utilizing any weapons and its abilities shown during his fight with Shalltear. However, there were many drawbacks to that spell. The first weakness was that he could not cast other spells while the magic was in effect. In addition, he would not gain any special warrior skills from the spell, and his recalculated ability scores would be lower than an actual warrior. Secondly, sustaining the transformation spell and other magic would both lower his mana and mana recovery rates to zero. This form was enough when matching blades with second-rate combatants like priests and the like, but he would stand no chance of winning against an opponent who was a dedicated warrior.
- Remote Viewing
- Repel Undeath: A spell that creates a barrier to ward off the low-level undead.
- See Through
- Sense Enemy
- Sensor Boost
- Sharks Cyclone: A spell that invokes a tornado (100 meters high and with a 50-meter diameter). Within the tornado lie 6 meter long sharks waiting to devour anyone unlucky enough to be sucked inside.
- Silent Time Stop: No attacks would work while time was stopped.
- Slow: Ainz seems to use this spell with Penetrate Magic.
- Summon Monster 10th: In the Web Novel only, he uses this spell to call forth a monster such as Cerberus.
- Thousand Bone Lance: A spell that throws an uncountable amount of bone spears at the target.
- Touch of Undeath
- True Dark: Deals none-type damage with darkness.
- Undeath Slave Sight: A spell used on the skeleton. A small window appeared in the corner of Momonga’s field of vision, allowing him to see through the skeleton’s eye sockets.
- Wall of Protection from Arrows
- Wall of Skeleton: Creates a wall of skeletons that can move and fight to a certain degree. Ainz can used it with Widen Magic.
Overlord Skills Edit
- Ability Damage IV
- Acid Immunity
- Arcane Vision/See Invisibility: See Through.
- Black Halo
- Create High Tier Undead (4/day): Ainz can create both an Eyeball Corpse or Pale Rider by using this racial skill. The upper-tier undead which is made with this skill is only level 70. However, if he divided those up into two uses, he could make undead of roughly level 90. Thus, it allows him to summon either the thief-type Eternal Deaths or sensory-focused Eyeball types under his command. If Ainz were to use his experience points, he can even create another level 90 monsters such as Overlord Wiseman, Grim Reaper Thanatos, or Undead Lieutenant.
- Create Middle Tier Undead (12/day): Ainz can create a Death Knight, Jack the Ripper, or Corpse Collector by using this racial skill.
- Create Low Tier Undead (20/day): Ainz can create both a Wraith, Skeleton, or Bone Vulture by using this racial skill.
- Dark Soul
- Dark Wisdom: This ritual-type skill allows Ainz to increase the number of spells one can learn and know by making a live sacrifice.
- Despair Aura I: Has a chance of causing Fear. Fear referred to an abnormal status of being afraid, which inflicted a penalty to all actions. Besides inflicting fear, it could reduce the stats of its victims. Normally, Despair Auras would not have an effect on the level 100 NPCs, but when equipped with the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown, its effect had been strengthened.
- Despair Aura II: Has a chance of causing Panic. Panic was a more severe version of Fear, caused by stacking additional Fear effects on each other. Anyone afflicted by that status would want to flee the ability user at all costs ― in other words, they would be unable to take any combat-related actions against that person.
- Despair Aura III: Has a chance of causing Confusion. This can only happen unless the target does not have any recovery measures prepare.
- Despair Aura IV: Has a chance of causing Insanity. Insanity was an extremely annoying bad status, being a permanent version of Confusion. It could not be removed without magic from a third party.
- Despair Aura V: Has a chance of causing Instant Death.
- Electric Immunity
- High Tier Magic Immunity III: Nullifies all low tier spells.
- High Tier Physical Immunity III: Nullifies all low-level attacks (below level 60).
- Ice Immunity
- Negative Energy Touch: Deals negative-type damage to the object being touched, attacked, or skill-attacked by Ainz. Before the target inflicted by negative-type damage can be fully recovered from direct physical contact with Ainz, death can occur from the unhealable strength attribute being reduced to zero. Acquired by Elder Lich level up. Can toggle On/Off.
- Negative Protection
- Speak Evil Tongues
- Status Damage Ⅳ
- Slashing Damage Resistance V
- Piercing Damage Resistance V
- Turn Resistance III
- Undead Blessing: Can sense other undead beings.
- Unholy Protection
Basic Undead Race Traits Edit
- Biological Penalties' Resistance
- Bludgeoning Vulnerability V
- Critical Hit Immunity
- Dark Vision
- Death Immunity
- Disease Immunity
- Doubled Damage by Fire
- Eating, Drinking, and Breathing are Unnecessary
- Energy Drain Immunity
- Good, Light and Holy Vulnerability IV
- Good and Holy Consecrated Areas' Vulnerability II
- Mind-affecting Immunity
- Necromancy Resistance
- Paralysis Immunity
- Physical Penalty Resistance
- Poisoning Immunity
- Recover by Negative Energy
- Sleep Immunity
Class Abilities Edit
- Instant Death Magic Enhancement
- Rite of Darkness: Ainz stated that he could enhance his undead creation skills through the use of a dark ritual.
- Undead Aura
- Undead Creation
- Undead Control
- Undead Strengthening
- ↑ Volume 10 Chapter 3: "Forgive my disrespect …Then, may I inquire as to what type of undead Your Majesty might be? If it does not offend, of course." "I am an Overlord. Have you heard of them before?"
- ↑ Volume 8 Story 2: I heard the Magician’s Guildmaster say he had a wife …or is his wife just a beard? I thought he was just trying to get me on his side …but it’s having the opposite effect. Or does he think I’m gay? That final mental image made Ainz shudder. Ainz was heterosexual. No, to be precise, he used to be. Incidentally, Suzuki Satoru preferred larger breasts. That point had (probably) not changed, even after gaining this body. That was because he preferred Albedo slightly more to, say, Cocytus.
- ↑ Twitter July 21, 2014 Ainz: 177cm(5 ft 10 in)
- ↑ Volume 1 Character Sheet
- ↑ Volume 1 Chapter 1: "However, the exposed head was a bare skull. Points of dark red light glowed in its large eye sockets and behind that skull glowed a halo of black radiance."
- ↑ Volume 10 Chapter 3: His face — which showed no emotion — was a great help, because nobody could tell he was lying. It was the ultimate poker face.
- ↑ Volume 10 Chapter 3: "The feeling is mutual. What a coincidence!" Kuku, the Sorcerer King laughed evilly. He obviously did not feel it was a coincidence. It was not a coincidence at all. Jircniv was certain that all this was part of Ainz Ooal Gown’s scheme.
- ↑ Volume 8 Story 2: "Er, in any case, Ainz-sama came up with this plan. When we discussed the 6th Floor, Ainz-sama once mentioned that he would like to collect various monsters. Surely someone with a limited understanding of the world would never have been able to come up with an idea like that. In the past, I discussed Ainz-sama’s wisdom with Demiurge, and the conclusion we reached was that Ainz-sama is a true genius." "Did Demiurge say that? Honestly …Ainz-sama never simply states his thoughts, and sometimes he does mysterious things. Still, as the saying goes, 'true courage seems cowardly, while great wisdom appears foolish’. That’s the sort of person Ainz-sama is."
- ↑ Volume 10 Chapter 3: However, Ainz knew well that he did not run a company, but a country. Nothing was off-limits for the sake of his nation’s prosperity — for the happiness of the people who belonged to the Great Underground Tomb of Nazarick. Ainz held no grudge against Jircniv. However, that meant nothing in comparison to the well-being of his own country. If his misfortune made the Sorcerous Kingdom prosper, then he would simply have to suffer. That said, Ainz still preferred coexistence and mutual prosperity over conflict.
- ↑ Volume 8 Story 1: Ainz reached out a hand, and quietly patted Nemu on the head. "Is the place where I live truly that wonderful?" "Yeah, it’s really wonderful! Did you make this, Gown-sama?" "Hahahaha, yes, that’s right. My friends and I did." "That’s amazing! Gown-sama and Gown-sama’s friends are all amazing!" "Hah! Hahahaha!" Clear and bright laughter reverberated through the hallway.
- ↑ Volume 13 Chapter 4: "I am deeply grateful for Your Majesty’s indulgence, but as a citizen of the Holy Kingdom, I feel I am bound to save as many of the people as I am able. That is because saving the helpless – saving those suffering is common sense." The Sorcerer King suddenly stopped moving, as though he had been frozen in place. "...Hm."The Sorcerer King murmured to himself, and then he stroked his chin. It would seem Neia’s words had struck a chord with him, because he studied Neia once more. It was just a throwaway remark, and Neia found herself fidgeting uncomfortably. "Oh, just take it. I have spells that can locate magic items, and I’ve already marked those items. I can find them even if they’re lost." "Is that so?" "Yes, it is …alright, no need to stand on ceremony. Take them, use them." Now that he had offered them with such sincerity, rejecting them would be an act of rudeness. The notion of accepting his goodwill warred with the desire to apologize for incurring a loss to the Sorcerous Kingdom. Those thoughts swirled in Neia’s mind–
- ↑ Volume 1 Chapter 3: Momonga tried casting the same spell again. This time, he did not choose a GM. This time, he picked one of his comrades from the past —a member of Ainz Ooal Gown. He cast the spell, though his heart was filled with one part of hope and ninety nine parts of resignation. As expected, there was no response. He tried to contact the forty, no, forty one members of the Guild with a [Message], but after receiving no reply, Momonga gently shook his head. In truth, he had expected this outcome and had resigned himself to it, but actually being confronted by that fact filled him with an incomparable feeling of despair.
- ↑ Volume 1 Chapter 3: The fact was, Momonga’s presence here was an anomaly. The unknown circumstances that had brought him here might have brought his comrades who no longer played the game here with him. He could not contact them with a [Message], but there might be many reasons for that. They might be on a different continent, or something had changed in the spell’s effect, and so on. "...I see …then as long as the whole world knows the name of Ainz Ooal Gown…" If his comrades were here, then the name of the guild would reach their ears. Once they found out, they would come over. Momonga was that confident in the strength of their friendship.
- ↑ Volume 7 Chapter 4: "—Yes." She looked around before speaking."This concerns what those fools said just now; how high is searching for the Supreme Beings on your list of priorities, Ainz-sama?" "At the top. So long as it does not place the Great Underground Tomb of Nazarick in danger, it will be our topmost priority," Ainz answered without delay.
- ↑ Volume 7 Chapter 4: Ainz’s tone had unconsciously grown stiff, because he realised the dark side lurking within his heart. Until this date, he had several opportunities to actively search for his friends. However, he had kept pushing those plans back because he "lacked manpower" or "had insufficient information". This was because he was afraid of scouring every corner of the world and finding nothing, so he could not make that decision. Rather than work hard just to confirm that he was alone, becoming a famous monster held more hope.
- ↑ Volume 2 Chapter 1: Still, when he thought about it even if Albedo did not mind what would his friend Tabula Smaragdina think about what Ainz had done? What if it were himself? What if his comrades had interfered with his handcreated NPC (Pandora’s Actor)... Worse still, he had made use of Albedo’s absolute loyalty toward him for his own gain. He hated himself for that.
- ↑ Volume 13 Chapter 4: …And not even a single word of gratitude after being saved? What the hell, man? Frustration built in his heart. However, it did not reach the level of true anger, so it was not suppressed. It was like a tiny flame of indignation simmering inside him. It was as though how someone had messed up and forced him to work overtime, and the person in question had said that they had something to do and just up and left.I would’ve been more angry. Like say, if I was going home to play YGGDRASIL …and the guild had plans already, and being late would cause problems for everyone. It happened before, and while everyone forgave me back then... Thus fuelled, the miniscule flames blazed up into an inferno, and then they were forcibly extinguished.
- ↑ Volume 10 Chapter 1: In addition, since he knew that they desired a master-servant relationship with him, it was his responsibility as their master to continue in that capacity. At the same time,as the last person who remained here, he had to do everything he could for the NPCs (the children).
- ↑ Volume 9 Chapter 1: His nonexistent belly ached. Now, they would probably start denouncing him. As he held that feeling in his heart, he peeked at Demiurge and Albedo. When it came to following Demiurge’s plan, however, Ainz was desperately flailing in the dark.
- ↑ Volume 1 Chapter 3: The Guardians thought highly of him; conversely, in order to have them continue to be loyal to him, Momonga had to act in a way that was worthy of their praise. Allowing these NPCs that his guild members had made together to feel disappointment or betrayal because of his actions would shatter his golden record as a guild master. It would be like a mark of failure branded on Momonga. Because of that, Momonga had to be careful to maintain the air of authority befitting a ruler when he spoke to the NPCs.
- ↑ Volume 9 Chapter 1: As the absolute ruler of the Great Underground Tomb of Nazarick, Ainz had to adopt an attitude that matched the expectations of the NPCs (the children). Therefore, all he could do was pretend to look determined, smile in a kingly way, and reply, "Is that so."
- ↑ Volume 10 Chapter 1: However, if he wore a mismatched outfit, people might doubt his sense of style as a leader. That would be like betraying his loyal subordinates. Therefore, Ainz had to give his utmost even in the matter of dressing himself.
- ↑ Volume 10 Chapter 1: —it would be like before, indeed, just like during the guild days. I wonder if I could go back to that sort of life again. Whenever he spoke to the NPCs, he kept imagining his former friends superimposed over them. Because of that, Ainz hoped that he would not have to relate to them in the capacity of a master to a servant, but rather, the way they had in the past —
- ↑ Volume 1 Chapter 4: "That was a relic from his time as a human being — as Suzuki Satoru."
- ↑ Volume 1 Chapter 1: "In the year 2138 AD there was a term: DMMO-RPG."
- ↑ Volume 10 Chapter 1: "Then, why not turn this place into a utopia? A wonderful, dream-like world that is as sweet as soaking in honey. A world where they will wish to be ruled eternally. Since I intend to conquer the world, these subjects of mine will not just be humans. All the races of the world must kneel before me. I shall proclaim to the world: only those who serve the Sorcerer King shall have eternal prosperity."
- ↑ Arcadia 38: "He has a working adult The STRONGEST type character image."
- ↑ Arcadia 51:he has no desire for food, sex, or sleep however he does have a desire for wealth and knowledge is what I personally think.
- ↑ Arcadia 151: "When he returns to Momonga that is a sign the story has ended. The plot has been arranged with that in mind. By clinging to the husk of Ainz Ooal Gown …"
- ↑ Arcadia 226: "Ainz is the strongest. But Ainz is not aware he is the strongest, it is Muchimuchi Puririn’s STRONGEST [power fantasy] type: being extremely cautious of threats."
- ↑ Arcadia 151:"I am aiming for a well executed THE STRONGEST story where he little by little deals with things but he thinks his chances of victory are slim."
- ↑ Arcadia 3239: When Ainz is perfectly intelligent and well-mannered he is absolutely pretending.
- ↑ Arcadia 3239: It is considerably easy for Ainz to become enraged. His soul [mind OR spirit; seishin] has been warped.
- ↑ Arcadia 2336: Ainz is a bad person ……ah, however he isn’t aware of being a bad person……
- ↑ Arcadia 2336: Ainz can be very kind for things unrelated to Nazarick. For example on that subject, if there are children who are hungry he will give them money to buy bread. But if the children have knowledge related to Nazarick, but without hesitation he can mercilessly kill them. He is a protagonist with a clear line drawn for what is important to him.
- ↑ Volume 4 Chapter 5: [The Creation] was a super tier spell that could change terrain special effects. In YGGDRASIL, one would use it to ward off the heat in hot regions or to suppress the freezing chill of icy areas. In truth, he could have awed them into submission without using a super tier spell. However, he had used it anyway because he wanted to conduct an experiment on how large a spell’s radius could be. In YGGDRASIL, [The Creation] could affect quite a large area, and when they tested it in Nazarick, it managed to cover the whole of the Eighth Floor. However, they did not know how it would fare outdoors. In YGGDRASIL, it could cover one area, but he wanted to know how large that zone was in this world.
- ↑ Volume 3 Chapter 5: —There was the sound of sizzling, as though someone had thrown a burning torch into water. The spell which surpassed the very definition of tiers went off —and it looked as though the sun had risen on the land, dying everything in his field of view a brilliant white. The exothermic conflagration generated a rapidly-expanding wave of heat, which greedily consumed everything within its radius. This hell of a vision lasted only five seconds, but it felt dozens of times longer than that. Eventually, the brilliant white world disappeared. In the wake of the vanishing pulse of superhot energy was a large circular area —vastly different from before. Nothing outside the area of effect was affected. The trees were still trees, the earth was as full of vitality as the forest, and the forest itself was untouched —an extremely normal world. In contrast, the area within the circular area was charred black, converted into a dead zone of jaw-dropping proportions. The awe-inspiring temperatures had consumed all the vegetation in the area, leaving only a few carbonized tree stumps. There were several vitrified areas on the ground which were still emitting smoke.
- ↑ Sealed Evil Tree Drama CD: "Besides...I’m...a virgin...Ah..."
- ↑ Blog Post: "Ainz: Not a Virgin"